To achieve positive outcomes, peer recovery support services (PRSS) to address opioid and other substance misuse are increasingly offered across diverse criminal justice settings, including within treatment and recovery court programs.
This session will:
- Describe diverse treatment and recovery court programs and how they integrate peer specialists.
- Identify changes to organizational practices and procedures necessary for the successful integration of peer work.
- Discuss training for peer specialists and departmental staff to prepare for peer services.
- Explore important stakeholder partnerships.
- Describe outcomes of programs to date.