Beginning with law enforcement and ultimately expanding to include all criminal justice stakeholder groups (e.g., prosecutors, defense counsel, judges, corrections professionals), this workgroup is tasked to:
- articulate principles for evidence-based conduct/practice (“the golden rules”),
- examine training standards, and establish consistent training protocols,
- identify best practices and establish standardized criteria to promote consistent, fair, and equitable decision-making,
- identify expectations in terms of services provided by each stakeholder group at each decision point,
- identify methods to incentivize departments to implement evidence-based practices, and
- establish model protocols to improve responses to victims.